Monday, August 24, 2009

the beginning of something new

I am sitting in a dorm room on the 13th floor of Jeonju University in Jeonju city, South Korea. as i stare at the blank walls of my shared dorm room i am hit with a sense of recognition. i recognize this place. i have been here before. why is it so familiar? did i ever intend to return?
the air conditioner hums above my head as i contemplate these things in silence and look at my barely dressed desk covered in loose leaf papers, binders filled with notes and text books bearing titles like " Experience and Suggestions" "Co-operative learning/a student centered approach" and "The theory and practice of listening learning." i am displaced into a scenario i have lived once or twice before. My experiences have brought me here with a different mind set, something to wonder as to how, and why i got here. i am meloncholy thinking these things, my mind wanders and i surf the web.
i wasnt sure i came here to get away, or what exactly i was getting away from. i have come for an adventure, a place to learn, and allow my heart, mind and soul to be quiet for just a little bit... then why, have i never felt more unquiet in all of my life.
Each lecture brings forth new information and with the wealth of information being shared with us by experienced teachers/and professional learners

No comments:

Post a Comment