Saturday, August 29, 2009


We are driving through the countryside of South korea in a place that still seems vaugly familiar, the mountains loom ominous over my head as I sit, a.c. still buzzing over my head, an American film playing on the screen, the difference, the blue roofed houses littering the landscape, each one a rememberance of a place that kept the villages safe from intruders. The deep valleys house some of the largest vities in all of korea.

WE have just left orientation and I am faced with moving forward and creating my life here. I thought I would have a lot more creativity running through my veins at this moment, the moment when everything is finally coming to fruition but it seems that my mind and body have become numb, I will not face what is a head of me until I am put right in front of it and told that there is no other way but forward.

Each of the mountains are covered in coniferous vegetation. Its not the rockies but the swells do remind me of home. I breathe in and wish to escape the confines of my chair in order to become a part of this little world within the mountains.

I miss home. A lot.

But at the same time, it is something that I am okay with not having. The consistency, the ability to know people

Danny Schmidt whispers in my ear

{Self interest is divine

Don’t ask god Just hollar at the sky cos she'll tell it to you gently in the clouds that whisper by.

There were words around the band that said just know this too shall pass… )

The indecision that haunts my mind, I know, will somehow bring peace. And calm my unquiet heart from the yearning that it feels so deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment